Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Activities for the Week of September 11, 2017
- Welcome back! I hope the first few days of school went well for everyone. I enjoyed meeting some of you at the Back to School Breakfast! Thank you to Lisa Ford who organized the event, and thank you to the volunteers who helped at the breakfast! Here is some information to know for the week!
- BECOME A PTA MEMBER. Even if you can’t attend meetings, your dues help fund PTA activities. To sign up online go to our Sign Up page at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/join-the-has-pta (there will also be membership forms at the PTA meeting on 9/18) and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office.
- K-5 parents: Are you interested in being a class parent for your child’s class? We will be selecting 2 people per class as class parents. You can sign up online at https://signup.com/group/1015563914027. Sign ups close Tuesday, 9/12 and the class parents will be announced at the PTA meeting on 9/18. Please note class parents must be PTA members.
- Middle School parents: If you are interested in joining the PTA’s Middle School Committee, sign up here: http://signup.com/go/JxiSZNM
- Picture Day is Wednesday, 9/13. Be sure to send in your forms and money!
- VOLUNTEER: To help plan events, become a member of committees, or just volunteer for an individual event, go to our Sign Up page at http://signup.com/go/JMSz6q.
- USED BOOK DRIVE: Clean out your bookshelves and help fill out classroom libraries at the same time. You can drop off books at the red bin near the Grades 1-3 door, or drop them off at my porch at 7 Cranford Terrace.
Looking ahead to next week — our first PTA meeting is Monday, 9/18 at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria. Free babysitting and refreshments will be provided.