Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Activities for the Week of September 25, 2017
- Class Parent Tea on Monday 9/25 at 3pm in the cafeteria. Class parents should have received invitations to this tea.
- Middle School Back to School Night is Wednesday 9/27 at 7 pm
- Middle School parents: If you are interested in joining the PTA’s Middle School Committee, sign up here: http://signup.com/go/JxiSZNM. The committee is dividing into subcommittees for each grade to plan grade-specific social events. 8th grade is exploring the idea of changing Class Night. 6th and 7th grade will be meeting on Tuesday, October 3rd at 7 pm. 8th grade will be meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 4th at 7 pm. The grade reps will reach out to all those signed up for the committee to give them details about the meetings. If you want to follow what the Middle School Committee has been discussing so far, check out Middle School tab on our website http://haspta.digitalpto.com/
- Trick or Trunk is coming up Friday, Oct. 27 from 4:30 to 6:00 and we can use some volunteers to decorate their trunks. Trick-or-treaters should also sign up so we know how many to expect. We are asking that trick-or-treaters donate candy or non-food prizes if they can. Please make sure they are allergy-friendly so that everyone who wants to can participate safely. Sign up and the list of allergy-friendly treats are available at http://signup.com/go/vJDkAni.
- BECOME A PTA MEMBER. Even if you can’t attend meetings, your dues help fund PTA activities. To sign up online go to our Sign Up page at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/
join-the-has-pta(there will also be membership forms at the PTA meeting on 9/18) and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office.
- Volunteer: To help plan PTA events, become a member of committees, or just volunteer for an individual event, go to our Sign Up page at http://signup.com/go/JMSz6q.
- Join the Board! One of our Board members stepped down, and so we have an opening for Vice President of Events and Activities. Email us at email@example.com if you are interested in the position or learning more about it.
- Book Drive: Clean out your bookshelves and help fill out classroom libraries at the same time. You can drop off books at the red bin near the Grades 1-3 door, or drop them off at Christine’s porch at 7 Cranford Terrace.
- Box Tops: Keep collecting those Box Tops – we will be having some contests soon! **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/
-Collect Box Tops for Education. You can also sign up online to learn how to earn more points and track our progress at: https://www.boxtops4education.