Hillside Avenue School
PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of May 7, 2018
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! Help show our teachers how much we appreciate them by signing up to bring something to the PTA Teacher Appreciation Week Breakfast (5/8) and Lunch 5/9: please sign http://signup.com/go/rBBDXKo
K-5 HAS Family Arts Night: Monday, 5/7 7-9 pm. The 7 pm session is filled, but if you want to come to the 8 pm session, sign up here: http://signup.com/go/ofYveqH.
Ms. Nord organized this event and we could use 4 more volunteers to help check people in (2 more needed for each session). If you are going to this event, please consider helping out. If you are not going to the event, you can also help! Use the same link to volunteer. See attached flyer for more details.
4th and 5th Grades: Please sign up here to help with the 2018 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony. 4th grade parents are needed to volunteer to help set up and clean up. 5th grade parents are needed to bring food and drink.
6th, 7th and 8th Grades: PARRC testing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. See attached letter for more details. 2018 March PARCC-NJSLA district testing letter (1)
- Class Night Slide Show: Send your photos to [email protected] for the 8th Grade Slide Show by May 24. The slide show is not organized by the PTA. See attached flyer and please email [email protected] if you have questions.
- PTA’s 8th Grade Pool Party is Friday, June 8th, 8 to 10 pm. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/tNefcYj.
- June 20th is Class Night and we need volunteers and donations for the PTA-organized dance after the ceremony. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/UOgXyej.
NEXT YEAR’S PTA: It looks like we now have people interested in each Board position, which is WONDERFUL. Elections will take place at our meeting on May 22, at 7 pm. There are some events that we will need chairs for. We are putting together a list now, and if you are interested in chairing or co-chairing an event for next year please reach out to us at [email protected]. Also, we are forming a STEM committee consisting of teachers and parents to work on STEM night(s) for next year. If you are interested in that committee, please sign up here
OTHER ITEMS FYI (not HAS PTA sponsored events)
- Cranford Kids Give Back is still collecting items for Cranford Family Care. See attached flyer.
- Presentation to parents on Vaping May 17, 6:30 pm CHS Auditorium: Cranford Public Schools and Cranford Police Department Present Smoke and Mirrors
- Brookside PTA 5K and fun run, May 20. See attached flyer.2018 BPS 5K REG FORM You can also register online at CompuScore http://compuscore.com/event/4433
- Clothing Drive to support HAS 7th Graders’ 8th grade trip (i.e. for their trip next year): Saturday, June 9th 8 am to 12 pm. See attached flyer for details
- Graduate Lawn Signsales: Make your graduate feel special by purchasing a personalized lawn sign! Portion of proceeds help fund Project Graduation 2018, A Drug and Alcohol-Free Celebration. See the attached flyer with a link to order your sign Order Deadline: June 10, 2018. (Questions email: Cathy Triano – [email protected])
- Balloon Sales for Graduates being sold by CHS. See attached flyer. June Balloons 2018
- Volleyball Camp for girls put on by CHS Varsity Volleyball coach: They invite girls entering 3rd through 8th grades to join them for their 2nd annual Cranford Girls Volleyball Camp held July 23-26from 9am to 2pm at Cranford High School. This is an introduction to the sport as well as a camp that prides itself on empowering our young athletes. To get more information or register for the camp please go to their website:
https://kbagniewski.wixsite.com/cranfordvbcamp or email [email protected]
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.
Do not reply to this email. You can email the PTA at [email protected].