Hillside Avenue School
PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of May 28, 2018
The Board of Directors of the PTA was elected at the last PTA meeting. These officers will be installed at the next meeting June 12th. The new Board will be President: Lisa F., Executive Vice President: Christine D., Vice Presidents of Events and Activities: Sarah C. and Danielle O., Treasurer: Terri H., Recording Secretary: Irina Z., Corresponding Secretary: Ayleen R. Thank you all for agreeing to serve on the Board next year!!
Thursday: 2nd-5th Grade Road Runners http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb. &
8th Grade: DEADLINE extended — photos due for Class Night Slide Show: Send your photos to [email protected] for the 8th Grade Slide Show by May 31. See attached flyer and please email [email protected] if you have questions.
Friday: HAS Picnic 5 to 8:30 pm at Nomahegan Park $10 per family includes food for your family (hamburgers, hot dogs, side salads, and watermelon). And the Kona-Ice Truck will be there again. Please bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic) and chairs. In case of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled and you can request a refund. This is old school fun. Let the kids play while the parents catch up! 2018 HAS PTA Family Picnic .
Friday is also the deadline for 8th graders to have their permission slip signed to attend the 8th grade pool party.
As school is winding down, we have some grade-specific events:
Grades 1-5 Field day is June 6th, 9 am to noon. This event is organized by the gym teachers, but we need parent volunteers. Sign up here Field Day 2018. (Previous blasts erroneously called this a K-5 field day.)
4th and 5th Grades: Please sign up here to help with the 2018 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony on June 18th. 4th grade parents are needed to volunteer to help set up and clean up. 5th grade parents are needed to bring food and drink.
7th Grade: We need donations and volunteers to help with the 8th Grade Class Night on June 20 http://signup.com/go/wnbsLAd. The 7th grade helps with the ceremony so 8thgrade parents can focus on their graduate.
- PTA’s 8th Grade Pool Party is Friday, June 8th, 8 to 10 pm. Centennial Ave. Pool Complex. Check-in @ 7:40 PM. Goodbye Middle School, Hello High School! Please complete the permission slip for your 8th grader(s) on or by June 1st (THIS FRIDAY). All students must have a permission slip to attend. We can’t celebrate without your help! Consider donating an item or your time. Sign up here.
- June 20th Class Night Dance for the dance after the 8th grade ceremony, we need volunteers and donations for the PTA-organized dance after the ceremony. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/UOgXyej. Also, DEADLINE extended — photos due for Class Night Slide Show by Thursday (May 31): Send your photos to[email protected] for the 8th Grade Slide Show. See attached flyer and please email [email protected] if you have questions.
- ALL SCHOOL (K-8) Pool Party is Friday, June 15th. Sign up here: 2018 K-8 Pool Party
OTHER ITEMS FYI (not HAS PTA sponsored events)
- Cranford Kids Give Back is still collecting items for Cranford Family Care. See attached flyer.
- HAS Middle School Spring Concert, Wednesday, June 6 at 7 pm
- Clothing and Middle School Book Drive: Clothing drive to support HAS 7th Graders’ 8th grade trip (i.e. for their trip next year) and Middle School Book (used or new) to support Middle School classroom libraries: Saturday, June 9th 8 am to 12 pm. See attached flyer for details
- Graduate Lawn Sign sales: Make your graduate feel special by purchasing a personalized lawn sign! Portion of proceeds help fund Project Graduation 2018, A Drug and Alcohol-Free Celebration. See the attached flyer with a link to order your sign Order Deadline: June 10, 2018. (Questions email: Cathy Triano – [email protected])
- Balloon Sales for Graduates being sold by CHS. See attached flyer.
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.
Do not reply to this email. You can email the PTA at [email protected].