Hillside Avenue School
PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of May 21, 2018
Monday: 1st Grade Road Runners. http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb.
Tuesday: PTA meeting at 7 pm. Election of Board members. Also we are looking for some chairs for events for next year: We need a 5th grade parent – whose child will be in 6th grade next year to chair the 6th grade orientation in August. We need another 5th grade parent whose child will be in 6th grade next year to chair the 6thgrade social in October. We need a 3rd grade parent, whose child will be in 4th grade next year to chair the 5th grade moving up ceremony (in June 2019). We need a volunteer to chair the Back to School Breakfast on the first day of school (Sept. 2018). We need a committee of people to put together the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast and Lunch (in May 2019) and need a committee of people to put together the holiday soup and salad luncheon (in December 2018). If you are interested in chairing one of these events for next year or being on these committees OR learning from a current chair of ANY event to take over in the future, please reach out to us at [email protected]. Also, we are forming a STEM committee consisting of teachers and parents to work on STEM night(s) for next year. If you are a TEACHER or a PARENT interested in that committee, please sign up here http://signup.com/login/entry/986996269479476066.
Wednesday: HAS Elementary Spring Concert at 7 pm
Monday – Wednesday: 6th, 7th and 8th Grades: PARRC testing. See attached letter for more details.
Thursday: 2nd-5th Grade Road Runners http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb. &
8th Grade: photos due for Class Night Slide Show: Send your photos to [email protected] for the 8th Grade Slide Show by May 24. See attached flyer and please email [email protected] if you have questions.
Deadline for HAS Picnic Extended: Sign up for HAS Picnic. Picnic is next Friday, June 1 from 5 to 8:30 pm at Nomahegan Park. If you haven’t signed up yet, sign up here by the end of this week 2018 HAS PTA Family Picnic . We are so excited for our third PTA family picnic. $10 per family includes food for your family (hamburgers, hot dogs, side salads, and watermelon). And the Kona-Ice Truck will be there again. Please bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic) and chairs. In case of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled and you can request a refund. This is old school fun. Let the kids play while the parents catch up! Softball game with teachers has been cancelled, sorry!
Coming up in the future:
4th and 5th Grades: Please sign up here to help with the 2018 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony on June 18th. 4th grade parents are needed to volunteer to help set up and clean up. 5th grade parents are needed to bring food and drink.
- PTA’s 8thGrade Pool Party is Friday, June 8th, 8 to 10 pm. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/tNefcYj.
- June 20this Class Night and we need volunteers and donations for the PTA-organized dance after the ceremony. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/UOgXyej.
K-5 Field day is June 6th, 9 am to noon. This event is organized by the gym teachers, but we need parent volunteers. Sign up here Field Day 2018.
K-8 Pool Party is Friday, June 15th. Sign up here: 2018 K-8 Pool Party
OTHER ITEMS FYI (not HAS PTA sponsored events)
- Cranford Kids Give Backis still collecting items for Cranford Family Care. See attached flyer.
- HAS Middle School Spring Concert, Wednesday, June 6 at 7 pm
- Clothing and Middle School Book Drive: Clothing driveto support HAS 7th Graders’ 8th grade trip (i.e. for their trip next year) and Middle School Book (used or new) to support Middle School classroom libraries: Saturday, June 9th 8 am to 12 pm. See attached flyer for details
- Graduate Lawn Sign sales: Make your graduate feel special by purchasing a personalized lawn sign!Portion of proceeds help fund Project Graduation 2018, A Drug and Alcohol-Free Celebration. See the attached flyer with a link to order your sign Order Deadline: June 10, 2018. (Questions email: Cathy Triano – [email protected]). If you’ve already ordered and haven’t received information regarding pick up, check your spam/junk folder for that info.
- Balloon Sales for Graduates being sold by CHS. See attached flyer.
- Volleyball Camp for girlsput on by CHS Varsity Volleyball coach: They invite girls entering 3rd through 8th grades to join them for their 2nd annual Cranford Girls Volleyball Camp held July 23-26 from 9am to 2pm at Cranford High School. This is an introduction to the sport as well as a camp that prides itself on empowering our young athletes. To get more information or register for the camp please go to their website:
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.
Do not reply to this email. You can email the PTA at [email protected].