PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of May 14, 2018
Because I will be celebrating Mother’s Day tomorrow, I’m sending this out a day earlier than usual. Happy Mother’s Day to all those celebrating tomorrow!
Thank you to Lisa Ford for organizing the Teacher Appreciation breakfast and lunch. And thank you to all who donated items and/or their time to make it happen.
Thank you also to Ms. Nord for organizing a fun Arts Night! Thank you to all of those who volunteered as well. If you took any pictures at the event, Ms. Nord would love for you to send them to her at [email protected] so that she can put photos on display on the TVs in the hallway and the cafeteria.
K-8: HAS picnic is on Friday, June 1 from 5 to 8:30 pm at Nomahegan Park.
We are so excited for our third PTA family picnic. $10 per family includes food for your family (hamburgers, hot dogs, side salads, and watermelon). And the Kona-Ice Truck will be there again. Please bring your own drinks (non-alcoholic) and chairs. Sign up here 2018 HAS PTA Family Picnic by this Friday, May 19 so we can get an accurate headcount for the caterers. In case of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled and you can request a refund. This is old school fun. Let the kids play while the parents catch up! Adults, we will be playing the teachers again in a fun softball game (@ 6 pm).
Grades 1-5 Road Runners:
Grade 1 on Mondays and Grades 2-5 on Thursdays. Sign up to help here: http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb.
3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades: PARRC testing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. See attached letter for more details.
4th and 5th Grades: Please sign up here to help with the 2018 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony on June 18th. 4th grade parents are needed to volunteer to help set up and clean up. 5th grade parents are needed to bring food and drink.
- Class Night Slide Show: Send your photos to [email protected] for the 8th Grade Slide Show by May 24 (that’s next week!!). The slide show is not organized by the PTA. See attached flyer and please email [email protected] if you have questions.
- PTA’s 8th Grade Pool Party is Friday, June 8th, 8 to 10 pm. Sign up here http://signup.com/go/tNefcYj.
- June 20th is Class Night and we need volunteers and donations for the PTA-organized dance after the ceremony. Sign up herehttp://signup.com/go/UOgXyej.
PTA Board Elections to be held at the next PTA meeting 5/22 at 7 pm. We are putting together a list of events that will need chairs for next year. If you are interested in chairing and event for next year or learning from a current chair to take over in the future, please reach out to us at [email protected]. Also, we are forming a STEM committee consisting of teachers and parents to work on STEM night(s) for next year. If you are a TEACHER or a PARENT interested in that committee, please sign up here http://signup.com/login/entry/986996269479476066 .
K-5 Field day is June 6th, 9 am to noon. This event is organized by the gym teachers, but we need parent volunteers. Sign up here Field Day 2018.
OTHER ITEMS FYI (not HAS PTA sponsored events)
- Cranford Kids Give Back is still collecting items for Cranford Family Care. See attached flyer.
- Presentation to parents on Vaping this Thursday, May 17, 6:30 pm CHS Auditorium: Cranford Public Schools and Cranford Police Department Present Smoke and Mirrors
- Brookside PTA 5K and fun run, this Sunday, May 20. See attached flyer. You can also register online at CompuScore http://compuscore.com/event/4433
- HAS Elementary Spring Concert, Wednesday, May 23, 7 pm
- HAS Middle School Spring Concert, Wednesday, June 6 at 7 pm
- Clothing Drive to support HAS 7th Graders’ 8th grade trip (i.e. for their trip next year): Saturday, June 9th 8 am to 12 pm. See attached flyer for details
- Graduate Lawn Sign sales: Make your graduate feel special by purchasing a personalized lawn sign! Portion of proceeds help fund Project Graduation 2018, A Drug and Alcohol-Free Celebration. See the attached flyer with a link to order your sign Order Deadline: June 10, 2018. (Questions email: Cathy Triano – [email protected])
- Balloon Sales for Graduates being sold by CHS. See attached flyer.
- Volleyball Camp for girls put on by CHS Varsity Volleyball coach: They invite girls entering 3rd through 8th grades to join them for their 2nd annual Cranford Girls Volleyball Camp held July 23-26 from 9am to 2pm at Cranford High School. This is an introduction to the sport as well as a camp that prides itself on empowering our young athletes. To get more information or register for the camp please go to their website:
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.
Do not reply to this email. You can email the PTA at [email protected].