Hillside Avenue School
PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of March 12, 2018
- Mon., March 12th, from 3pm-4pm, all HAS students are invited to attend a Girl Scout Playdate on the HAS playground. A parent or guardian must be present (this is a non-PTA event. Contact Sarah Clark with questions.)
- Deadline to buy Autism Awareness t-shirts extended to Monday, March 12. People will be wearing their Autism Awareness t-shirts every Friday in April. Get yours to be a part of it! (School to Career Students at CHS is running this sale, please see click here for more details
- K-2 STEM Night: Tuesday, March 13, from 7 to 9 pm at HAS
- Middle School: Weds., March 14that 10 am. Walk in. If your student is participating, you must fill out the Google Doc link sent by Dr. Fogas by Monday, 3/12
- 5th Grade (and other new Middle Schoolers): Weds., March 14th– Middle School Orientation (HAS Auditorium 7pm)
- 7thGraders — Fri., March 16th, 7 pm to 9 pm: “It’s Not a Dance” Party in the HAS gym. Please RSVP here 7th Grade “It’s NOT a Dance” Party. We still need some parent volunteers and some items. Use the same link above to sign up for those things. We will be collecting individual snack packs and juice boxes for Cranford Family Care at the event. See attached flyer for details.
Grades 1-5 Road Runners:
Grade 1 on Mondays and Grades 2-5 on Thursdays. Sign up to help here: http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb.
Coming up next week:
- 3-5 Family STEM Night will be on Tuesday, March 20 from 7 to 9. 2018 3-5 STEMNight.
- Thursday, March 22nd– Hidden in Plain Sight/Current Drug Trends (Cranford Community Center 6:30pm)
- Friday & Saturday, March 23rd& 24th – HAS Spring Musical – “The Music Man”
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, April 21st is Spring Scramble! Click here for document to register. (Pre-register until March 28th)
YEARBOOKS: There are a limited number of Baby Ad spaces left to purchase in the Yearbook If you are still interested in purchasing a congratulatory ad for your 8th grader please follow the link~ https://yearbookordercenter.com/
Middle school yearbooks are still on sale, if you’d like to purchase one, please follow the link ~ https://yearbookordercenter.com/
Lawn signs for graduates: Make your graduate feel special by purchasing a personalized lawn sign! Portion of proceeds help fund Project Graduation 2018, a drug-and alcohol-free celebration. Click here for lawnsigns flyer with a link https://www.cougarhq.com/product/project-graduation-2018-cranford-high-school-lawn-sign/ to order your sign order deadline: June 10, 2018 (this is not a HAS PTA thing – if you have questions email Cathy Triano – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cranford Kids Give Back is still seeking donations of non-perishable food items and toiletries for Cranford Family Care. Click here for flyer
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.