Hillside Avenue School
PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of February 19, 2018
I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!!
It isn’t too late to buy your Tricky Tray ticket (event is 3/3)! Use the green form that your child brought home, or use the attached form (also available on our website). You can also still buy Good Buy bags (discounted tickets!!)
Remember, we can also use donations of time, money and items.
- Saturday, 2/24, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm, Tricky Tray wrapping: help wrap the prizes that will be raffled off at the Tricky Tray. You don’t need to come for the full day – come for whatever time you can help! Sign up here to help with that and/or to help the night of the event: http://signup.com/go/eFTVuRz
- Donate your money by going to http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx and clicking the “contribute” button.
- Donate your stuff (new and unused) by dropping it off in the main office (tell them it’s for Tricky Tray).
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 6:30 to 8 at HAS, CPSD Strategic Planning Information session From the superintendent’s office: The session will provide all members of the Cranford Public School District community an opportunity to learn more about the purpose, process and desired outcomes of Strategic Planning. Participants will engage in experiences that allow them to exchange perspectives, insights, and ideas, and envision a desired future for our District. Please click HERE to RSVP for this event.
- K-5 Pajama Party Bingo: Feb 23, 6:30 to 8. This is a drop-off event, but feel free to stay to chaperone if you’d like! Free event. Donations to Cranford Kids Give Back Campaign will be accepted at the event. See flyer for more details. Sign your child up here HAS K-5 Pajama Party Bingo 2018
- Grades 1-5 Road Runners: Grade 1 on Mondays and Grades 2-5 on Thursdays. Sign up to help here: http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb.
- Thursday, Feb. 22 at 7 pm, at the Community Center: You are invited by the Downtown Management Corporation (DMC) Board to a public discussion about the Draft Downtown Strategic Plan. If you have questions, contact the DMC at [email protected] or 908-709-7208.
- Feb. 26-March 2 is Dr. Seuss Spirit Week: Mon, Feb. 26: Wear any kind of hat. Tues, Feb. 27: Wear a shirt representing a place you have visited. Weds, Feb. 28: WackyWednesday. Polka dots, plaid, mismatched clothing, funky hairstyles and crazy socks. Dress your wackiest. Thurs, March 1: Funky socks, Fri, March 2 – Wear your PJs (Pajama pants only). See attached flyer from Ms. Waxman.
- Saturday, March 3 is TRICKY TRAY! Doors open at 5. Tickets start being pulled at 7.
- Monday, March 12th, from 3pm-4pm, all HAS students are invited to attend a Girl Scout Playdate on the HAS playground. A parent or guardian must be present (this is a non-PTA event. Contact Sarah Clark with questions.)
- K-2 Family STEM Night is on Tuesday, March 13 from 7 to 9. To participate or volunteer, sign up here 2018 K-2 FAMILY STEM NIGHT. We need to know by March 1 who will be attending so that we can get enough materials.
- 7th Graders: “It’s Not a Dance” Party on Friday, March 16th, 7 to 9 pm, HAS gym. Please RSVP by Friday, March 9 by signing up here 7th Grade “It’s NOT a Dance” Party. We are also looking for a few parent volunteers and donations of snacks and drinks for the party. Use the same link above to sign up for those things. We will be collecting individual snack pans and juice boxes for Cranford Family Care. See attached flyer for details.
- 3-5 Family STEM Night will be on Tuesday, March 20 from 7 to 9. Please RSVP by March 1: 2018 3-5 STEM Night.
Have a wonderful week! ~ Christine Daly, PTA President
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.