Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Reminders for the Week of November 6, 2017
- Thank you to Kathy Kennedy, Mr. Basciano, and Ms. Reid for putting together a great Family Engineering Night for the 4th Grade. Also, a big thank you to Denise Miguel for keeping the HAS PTA website up to date! See her work at www.haspta.digitalpto.com.
- NON-PTA event:
o Michael Fitzpatrick, the Cranford Township Health Officer, will be presenting, “Everything you wanted to know about Lice, but were afraid to ask” on Monday, November 6, 2017, at 7:00 pm, in the HAS auditorium. If you plan on attending, please register online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDXr1DUgfV6Uu6lrllmTmuE0lljpEAVB_EpwmgDRvdRo6yow/viewform?usp=sf_link
- No school Tuesday, but don’t forget to vote! And no school Thursday and Friday.
- Tricky Tray: Our main fundraiser of the year is March 3, 2018. Seems like a long way away, but to make it happen, we need lots of help! Many ways to help – sign up here: http://signup.com/go/eFTVuRz.
- Join the PTA Board! One of our Board members stepped down, and so we have an opening for one of the Vice President positions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position or learning more about it.
- Not a PTA member yet? Let’s fix that!! If you haven’t joined yet, please do! Sign up online at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/join-the-has-pta and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office.
- NON-PTA ONGOING EVENTS:
o HAS Middle School EarlyAct club, Homeless Veterans collection: Nov. 1-30. Collecting new hooded sweatshirts, knit hats, warm gloves, thermal underwear (tops and bottoms), wool socks, travel size toiletries. Collection boxes in main lobbies at CHS, OAS and HAS. Questions: Contact Mrs. Ulaky email@example.com
o Middle School Yearbooks: To buy or place 8th grade ad, click here.
o K-5: Free tutoring as Girl Scout Gold Award Project. Wednesdays 4 to 5:30 in the Cranford Library.
- Ongoing Fundraisers:
o Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
o Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.
o Satori Martial Arts Academy is offering a 4 week program entitled “Skills for School.” Content covered in this program includes: developing perseverance, setting & attaining goals, child safety and non aggressive anti-bullying skills. The cost of this 4 week program is $59.00 and includes a martial arts uniform. Groups will meet twice a week in 45 minute classes. 100% of your initial cost will be donated back to HAS. Please enter the coupon code HILL to take advantage of this program.https://member-site.net/VIP/default.aspx?PT–MiXbc
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA