Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Reminders for the Week of October 9, 2017
- Monday is Columbus Day. The school is operating on a single session. See schedule here: http://haspta.digitalpto.com/files/2013/08/HAS-SCHOOL-SCHEDULE-2015_16.pdf
- We need volunteers for Fall Book Fair 10/11-10/13: The Fall Book Fair is this week. We are still looking for 4 volunteers to help set up the Book Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 1 pm, and we need about 10 more parents to volunteer while the K-5 kids are shopping on Thurs. 10/12 and Fri. 10/13. Check out the attached schedule to see when your child’s class is going, and consider helping at that time or other times. Sign up at http://signup.com/go/HTrwhif. Thank you to all those who have already signed up to volunteer.
- Elementary Back to School Night is Wed., Oct. 11 at 7 pm.
o Box Tops: Fall Box Tops Collection Contest: Calling all dedicated Box Top collectors to our Annual Fall Contest. Bring your Box Tops to Elementary Back to School Night labeled with your child’s name and teacher in ziplock bags, and your child could win a $10 gift card. The top earning elementary class can also win a prize! Thanks in advance for your support of this great chance for HAS to earn free money! Please note that Box Tops can also be handed in at any time to your child’s elementary teacher or put in the box outside the main office (Middle School students must put theirs in the box outside the main office). Contact Erin Goldfeder or Kate Young with questions.
o Project Graduation will also be at Back to School Night selling tickets to their Fundraiser Football Mania. See attachment for details.
- Attention Middle School Parents: We need your help! The Red Ribbon Carnival (10/26) is a joint endeavor between the Cranford Police Department and both Cranford Middle Schools to educate our children about substance abuse during Red Ribbon Week. HAS Middle Schoolers will be attending the event during their PE classes where they will learn about the dangers of substance abuse in an engaging way. We need LOTs of volunteers to make it happen! In addition there will be two volunteer information sessions: 10/20 @ 10 am at the Community Center and 10/24 immediately following the PTA meeting that starts at 7 pm. It is highly recommended for volunteers to attend one of these sessions. Information about the event, as well as detailed instructions for each game section will be discussed. This very important event CANNOT happen without volunteers. Sign up at http://signup.com/go/sKBXomu. Thanks for helping out!
- Trick or Trunk is coming up Fri., Oct. 27 from 4:30 to 6:00 and we can use some volunteers to decorate their trunks. Trick-or-treaters should also sign up so we know how many to expect. We are asking that trick-or-treaters donate candy or non-food prizes if they can. Please make sure they are allergy-friendly so that everyone who wants to can participate safely. Sign up and the list of allergy-friendly treats are available at http://signup.com/go/vJDkAni.
- HAS PTA Virtual Giving Tree: teachers’ requests are up on this Virtual Giving Tree. If you can provide any of the items needed, sign up here http://signup.com/go/rCxzWk
- Join the Board! One of our Board members stepped down, and so we have an opening for Vice President of Events and Activities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position or learning more about it.
- BECOME A PTA MEMBER. If you haven’t joined yet, please do! Sign up online at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/join-the-has-pta and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office. Our next PTA meeting is Oct. 24 at 7 pm.
- NON-PTA ACTIVITY:
o Free tutoring as Girl Scout Gold Award Project. Wednesdays 4 to 5:30 in the Cranford Library. See attached flyer for details.
**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE TO email@example.com
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.