Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Reminders for the Week of October 2, 2017
· Middle School parents: The Middle School committee will be having their third meeting of the school year this week! 6th and 7th grade parents are meeting on Tuesday (10/3) night at 7pm and 8th grade parents are meeting on Wednesday (10/4) at 7pm (all to be held at Terri’s House). All middle school parents are welcome to join this committee! If you’re interested, please follow the link to sign up! https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/1917514/true#/invitation
If you have any questions, please contact Terri or your Middle School Grade Rep. Don’t know how to reach us? Visit the new Middle School “tab” on the HAS PTA website! http://haspta.digitalpto.com/middle-school-info/. Also, Middle School Clubs information is attached and can be found at https://www.cranfordschools.org/domain/1134
· National Walk to School Day is Wednesday, October 4th. We encourage those who can to walk or bike to school. PTA members will be handing our stickers to the kids.
· Fall Book Fair 10/11-10/13: The Fall Book Fair is just around the corner and we need your help! Lots of parent volunteers are needed to make this event a success. Middle School parents, can you help out on 10/11 while your students shop and during the Elementary Back to School Night on the evening of 10/11? K-5 parents are needed while those grades shop on Thurs and Fri (10/12 and 10/13). Sign ups can be found at http://signup.com/go/HTrwhif. Keep an eye on Facebook for the classroom visitation schedule and location of the fair. If you haven’t joined our closed Facebook group just for HAS parents and guardians, I encourage you to do so: https://www.facebook.com/groups/452369834964081/.
· Box Tops: Fall Box Tops Collection Contest Calling all dedicated Box Top collectors to our Annual Fall Contest. Bring your Box Tops to Elementary Back to School Night on Wed., October 11 labeled with your child’s name and teacher in ziplock bags, and your child could win a $10 gift card. The top earning elementary class can also win a prize! Thanks in advance for your support of this great chance for HAS to earn free money! Please note that Box Tops can also be handed in at any time to your child’s elementary teacher or put in the box outside the main office (Middle School students must put theirs in the box outside the main office). Contact Erin Goldfeder or Kate Young with questions.
· Trick or Trunk is coming up Fri., Oct. 27 from 4:30 to 6:00 and we can use some volunteers to decorate their trunks. Trick-or-treaters should also sign up so we know how many to expect. We are asking that trick-or-treaters donate candy or non-food prizes if they can. Please make sure they are allergy-friendly so that everyone who wants to can participate safely. Sign up and the list of allergy-friendly treats are available at http://signup.com/go/vJDkAni.
· Join the Board! One of our Board members stepped down, and so we have an opening for Vice President of Events and Activities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position or learning more about it.
· BECOME A PTA MEMBER. If you haven’t joined yet, please do! Sign up online at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/join-the-has-pta and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office.
· FROM YOUR 6th GRADE REPS: (Please note that I am sending this out in a separate email blast just to 6th grade parents, but wanted to include it here in case you haven’t registered on InfoSnap as a 6th grade parent. If you get this, but don’t get the 6th grade email, please make sure you go in and register your information for your 6th grader. Attached are the instructions from Michael Mangini on how to do that.)
o Parent Questionnaire: If you weren’t able to make it to Back to School Night last week, PLEASE fill out the Teacher’s Parent Questionnaire: www.bit.ly/parentform6
o Teacher and 6th Grade Websites: If you did attend and were trying to figure out how to keep all the various websites & calendars organized, here are some helpful hints:
§ 6th grade website (updated weekly): http://hasgrade6.webs.com/
§ Links page on 6th Grade website that has all the teacher-specific links: http://hasgrade6.webs.com/apps/links/
§ Club information (and attached): https://www.cranfordschools.org/domain/1134
o 6th Grade Service Projects: Mr. Fichter (science teacher) is planning to do 3 services projects this year. Think philanthropic/educational projects/field trips. Some ideas he has is Ronald McDonald house volunteering, Shoe & School Supply Collection for those in need. He would love additional ideas. Please email him directly (email@example.com) if there is a philanthropy you know is in need or supports our community.
o 6th Grade Dates to Remember:
§ 10/14 – Environmental Experience Hike (forms went home or email firstname.lastname@example.org for another copy)
§ 10/26 – Red Ribbon Day (PTA is looking for volunteers. Sign ups will be up soon on PTA website)
§ 11/17 – 6th Grade Field trip – Kean’s Liberty Hall (permission slips went home already. Mr. Fichter is accepting volunteers (email@example.com)
§ 5/30/18 – 6th Grade Field trip – Sandy Hook (details and permission slips etc to follow).
· Know somebody who is not getting these emails? When you register and input your information in InfoSnap, you get on this email list. If you know somebody who is not getting these emails, help them out and forward the InfoSnap instructions to them (attached here).
**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.