Hillside Avenue School
PTA Events and Reminders for the Week of October 16, 2017
- K-5 Friday Oct. 20 is Pumpkin Patch – elementary students will be “picking” pumpkins during the day.
- Attention Middle School Parents: We need your help! The Red Ribbon Carnival (10/26) is a joint endeavor between the Cranford Police Department and both Cranford Middle Schools to educate our children about substance abuse during Red Ribbon Week. HAS Middle Schoolers will be attending the event during their PE classes where they will learn about the dangers of substance abuse in an engaging way. We need LOTs of volunteers to make it happen! In addition there will be two volunteer information sessions: 10/20 @ 10 am at the Community Center and 10/24 immediately following the PTA meeting that starts at 7 pm. It is highly recommended for volunteers to attend one of these sessions. Information about the event, as well as detailed instructions for each game section will be discussed. This very important event CANNOT happen without volunteers. Sign up at http://signup.com/go/sKBXomu. Thanks for helping out!
- Trick or Trunk is coming up Fri., Oct. 27 from 4:30 to 6:00 and we can use some volunteers to decorate their trunks. Trick-or-treaters should also sign up so we know how many to expect. We are asking that trick-or-treaters donate candy or non-food prizes if they can. Please make sure they are allergy-friendly so that everyone who wants to can participate safely. Sign up and the list of allergy-friendly treats are available at http://signup.com/go/vJDkAni.
- Tricky Tray: Our main fundraiser of the year is March 3, 2018. Seems like a long way away, but to make it happen, we need lots of help! Many ways to help – sign up here: http://signup.com/go/eFTVuRz.
- NON PTA EVENTS:
o 8th Grade: Tues. Oct 17 at 7 pm in cafeteria: Info meeting for 8th grade parents about Washington, DC trip
o K-5: Free tutoring as Girl Scout Gold Award Project. Wednesdays 4 to 5:30 in the Cranford Library. See attached flyer for details.
- HAS PTA Virtual Giving Tree: teachers’ requests are up on this Virtual Giving Tree. If you can provide any of the items needed, sign up here http://signup.com/go/rCxzWk
- Join the PTA Board! One of our Board members stepped down, and so we have an opening for Vice President of Events and Activities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position or learning more about it.
- BECOME A PTA MEMBER. If you haven’t joined yet, please do! Sign up online at http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx (please make sure you use the “donate” button to pay the $10 membership fee). Or you can fill out the membership form which can be found at our website at http://haspta.digitalpto.com/join-the-has-pta and submit the form to the PTA mailbox in the school’s office. Our next PTA meeting is Oct. 24 at 7 pm.
**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE TO email@example.com
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA
Help us earn free money!
-Shutterfly/Tinyprints: http://has.shutterflystorefront.com/ (13% goes to HAS PTA).
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7214938 (0.5% goes to HAS PTA) *only works in your browser, not on the Amazon app on your phone/device.