PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of January 8, 2018
· PTA meeting on Wednesday, January 10 at 7 pm. in the cafeteria. Free babysitting* and refreshments will be provided.
*If you have a middle school student who is interested in earning service hours for babysitting, please email Christine Daly at email@example.com.
· Pretzel Sale on Thursday, January 11 (Reminder, this is an 8th grade class trip fundraiser –not a PTA fundraiser.)
· No school on Monday, January 15.
· Sign Up now for PTA’s Skate Night which is coming up on Jan. 20, 6:30 to 8 at Union Sports Arena http://signup.com/go/zeLfTkh.
· EXTENSIONS TO YEARBOOK DEADLINES!!! Yearbook orders, personalized nameplates and 8th grade baby ads have been extended to January 25, 2018. There are only a handful of spaces left for 8th grade baby ads, so if you plan to purchase one, do it as soon as possible. See attached for ordering (and info is available on the school’s website as well as the PTA website:
· 6th grade parents: the new PTA activity for 6th graders – the 6th Grade Social coming up on Friday, Feb. 2 from 7-9: Students will enjoy a night of an “Amazing Race” and interactive Musical Chairs game, complete with a DJ. Popcorn and water will be served. Click here http://signup.com/go/
· TRICKY TRAY 3/3: This will be here before you know it. It is the PTA’s one big fundraiser of the year! Please help out by donating money or (NEW AND UNUSED) items, donating your time, and/or going to the event and buying lots of tickets to support the PTA and maybe even win something great!!
§ Donate your money by going to http://signup.com/go/JCLTawx and clicking the “contribute” button. Or you can send a check (made out to HAS PTA) or cash in an envelope marked “Tricky Tray.”
§ Donate your stuff by dropping it off in the main office (tell them it’s for Tricky Tray).
§ Donate your time by signing up here: http://signup.com/go/eFTVuRz
§ AND you can help support the event by attending (and buying lots of tickets!!). Information will go home soon about how to buy tickets.
Have a wonderful week!~HAS PTA