PTA News and Event Reminders for the Week of January 29, 2018
· Tricky Tray (3/3) ticket forms went home with elementary students last week (neon green form). Use the front side to order your ticket to the event. If you are sitting with a group, include the contact person for the group, and have that contact person write one check for the whole group (remember, this event is run by PTA volunteers!). The reverse side can be used to purchase “Good Buy” bags – raffle tickets purchased in advance at a discount. Click here for the form for your convenience.
We also need donations for the Tricky Tray:
§ Donate your money by going to http://signup.com/go/JCLTaw
§ Donate your stuff (new and unused) by dropping it off in the main office (tell them it’s for Tricky Tray).
§ Donate your time by signing up here: http://signup.com/go/eF
· K-5: Tuesday, Jan. 29 – Deadline to order books from author Daniel Kirk, who will be visiting HAS on March 2. Order form is here: Daniel Kirk Author Visit Book Order Form (it also went home in hard copy on pink paper).
· 6th grade: 6th Grade Winter Palooza is Friday, February 2nd. Join us for a night filled with music, games and prizes! Snacks such as popcorn and Oreos will be served along with water. We also need parent volunteers to help us with the night! Whether it is coming to help set up the gym, staying to clean up, or just coming to chaperone and watch the kids have a blast, we welcome you! Parent volunteer sign up:http://signup.com/go/fzoTJNN Student sign up: http://signup.com/go/DRhtTQE
· Grades 1-5 ONGOING EVENT: Monday and Thursday, Road Runners (Grade 1 = Mondays and Grades 2-5 = Thursdays): Parents are needed to hand out popsicle sticks while the kids are running, which helps the children remember how many laps they ran. The parents also cheer the kids on as they complete their laps. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email Mariah ([email protected]). This program could not run without parent support. Thanks so much for helping out. Sign-ups can be found here: http://signup.com/go/UznBVEb.
OTHER EVENTS/INFO TO BE AWARE OF
· Pretzel sale Thursday, Feb. 1. (Proceeds benefit 8th grade class trip.)
· Softball and Baseball registration through CBSL is open until Thursday, Feb. 1. Click link for details
· CHS Ice Hockey Team Skate Night is Saturday, Feb. 3, 6-8 pm. Click link for details.
· Kindergarten and 1st Grade Registration will be Feb. 5-9, with limited hours on Saturday Feb. 10. Click link for details.
· Breaking Points, a presentation for parents on Why Kids Say Yes to Drugs, presented by Cranford PD and the Cranford Jaycees, will be on Tuesday, Feb.13 at 6:30 pm at the Cranford Community Center. Click link for details.
· HAS Student Talent Show is coming up on Thursday, Feb. 15 from 7 to 9 pm.
Have a wonderful week! ~HAS PTA
Help us earn free money!
-Amazon Smile*: https://smile.amazon.c