Click here for Check Request Form – Class Parent
YEARLY CLASS BUDGET / REIMBURSEMENT
The PTA is providing a budget to Class Parents for certain in-class activities. We are hoping the PTA will be able to continue to fund in-class activities in future years. This will require the cooperation of Class Parents in following the PTA guidelines and by-laws and the established reimbursement procedures.
What is my budget?
We will be asking you to provide your completed event planning sheets after the Class Parent / Teacher tea. Once we receive your Class Event Planning Forms, we will finalize your budget and provide it to you via email on or before October 6th. The Class Event Planning Forms will be returned to you for reference.
How do I stay on budget?
As long as the funds are being used for approved activities, Class Parents have the flexibility to budget as needed. We recommend approximately [$20-25 ] total per event, in order to stay on budget throughout the year.
What’s eligible for reimbursement?
The PTA funds can only cover in-class student activities such as eligible parties, crafts, games, service learning projects, and potentially other educational classroom activities coordinated with your classroom teacher.
What’s not eligible for reimbursement?
- No funds can be used for gifts for teachers or classroom personnel.
- No funds can be used for parties celebrating personal events, such as baby or wedding showers.
- Any amount that surpasses theallotted yearly budget will not be reimbursed.
What is the reimbursement procedure?
- Class Parents are reimbursed after an event has occurred.
– Money cannot be disbursed to Class Parents prior to an event.
– We cannot accept more than one Request Form per event.
– Only one check can be cut per event – If more than one parent paid for supplies, the Class Parents will have to work out the appropriate reimbursement for each contributor.
- Immediately after your class event, fill out the Check Request Form.
– The more detailed information you can provide, the better we can plan for next year.
– Put only one event on each Check Request Form.
– For budgeting reasons we must have all the events separated out for reimbursement.
- Tally and staple all receipts to the Check Request Form.
– Please make sure the total check request tallies with the receipts
- Place form and receipts in an unsealed self-addressed stamped envelope.
– This will speed up your reimbursement.
- Submit the envelope and contents directly to the Class Parent Committee Directors or Chair OR drop in the PTA mailbox (metal with slot) in the school’s front office.
If you have any questions about what can or cannot be covered please reach out the Class Parent Committee Chair or Directors.